Would you like to make a difference?
It's easy and affordable with our Choose Renewable program. You can contribute to a cleaner environment and sustainable energy future by investing a few dollars every month in our Choose Renewable program. It doesn't require new equipment, any changes in how you use or receive energy, or any long-term commitments. What could be simpler?
Best of all, by supporting renewable energy, you help ensure a good quality of life for your family and your community for generations to come. Every dollar you invest in renewable energy is used to foster the growth of renewable resources.
Three dollars per block is all it takes
To get started, just select the number of blocks of renewable energy you wish to purchase. You pay just $3.00 additional per month for each block of renewable energy, the equivalent of 300 kilowatt-hours (kWh). For example, if you sign up for two blocks, an additional renewable charge of $6.00 will appear on your monthly bill. Participation is optional; buy as much or as little as you would like.
Even a modest purchase has a big impact. Purchasing just two blocks of renewable energy per month, for an entire year, is like offsetting 100 percent of your car's emissions.
Why Choose Renewable?
- It's clean. The more energy we use from renewable resources, the less we will need to rely on fossil-fuel based energy. We can reduce carbon dioxide emissions -- which contribute to climate change -- and keep the air that we breathe cleaner.
- It's secure. Renewable energy is in use all over the country and has proven reliable. And because it's produced from resources that are available here at home, renewable energy can increase our energy independence.
- It's sustainable. Renewable energy sources such as wind, water, biogas and solar can never be depleted. That's simply not true of conventional generation sources such as coal, oil and natural gas.
- It's the responsible thing to do. If we want to ensure an unlimited supply of energy resources for future generations, renewable energy is the way to go.
Where does renewable energy come from?
Through our membership in WPPI Energy, a regional power company serving Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and Iowa, we have access to energy from the following renewable resources:
- Wind. Wind energy, the fastest growing source of renewable energy, comes from wind turbines and is 100 percent emission-free.
- Biogas. Landfill gas is converted into electricity, significantly reducing methane (a greenhouse gas) and lessening air pollution.
- Solar. Energy from the sun is converted into electrical energy without producing any emissions.
Green-e Energy Certified
Our Choose Renewable program is Green-e Energy certified. Green-e Energy was established by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions to provide information and an objective standard for consumers to compare renewable energy options, and to verify that consumers get what they pay for. Visit www.green-e.org
for more information.
Visit our Green Power Calculator
and learn how choosing renewable energy reduces your impact on the environment.
Stoughton Utilities is an industry leader
Stoughton Utilities and our customers have repeatedly been recognized by the U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory
for our successful green power programs. We have ranked in the top 10 utilities nationwide for Top Green Power Participation Rate
and Top Green Power Sales Rate
listed amongst other cities such as Portland OR, Sacramento CA, and Austin TX.
Sign up today
You can easily add renewable energy blocks to your account online by logging in to My Account
. Once you have logged in, select Payment & Billing Options from the menu.
If you prefer, you can also download and complete the
, fold the sheet into thirds and mail it, postage-paid.
If you would like more information or an analysis of your household's needs, please contact us