Thursday's Clue:Today you may have to "hunt" for an answer! Name one benefit of the Stoughton area being served by a Public Power utility.
Email us your response to be entered to win! Photos are not required.
Thursday's Grand Prize:Grand prize winners will receive their choice of either a Smart Home Bundle (including a Nest Smart Thermostat, smart LED lightbulb, smart power strip, and echo dot), or a $300 utility bill credit!
Thursday's Solution:Benefits of having a Public Power utility include:
Lower rates and better reliability than investor owned utilities
Faster response times
Super fun Public Power Week scavenger hunts
And the list goes on!
How it works:
- Clues and daily grand prizes will be posted each morning by 9:00 a.m. at stoughtonutilities.com, shared to our Facebook and Instagram pages, and sent to the email mailing list. Customers may also contact our office at (608) 873-3379 after 9:00 a.m. to get the daily clues over the phone.
- There will be one scavenger hunt clue provided per day.
- Use the clues provided to uncover the secret location or complete the scavenger hunt.
- Send a photo of yourself or a family member at the secret location, or complete the scavenger hunt prompt, along with your name and utility account number, to [email protected] by 9:00 p.m. to be entered into the daily grand prize drawing.
- If you are unable to email your submissions, you can also contact our office at (608) 873-3379 to provide the scavenger hunt location or complete the prompt. If we are closed or unavailable, you can leave a message along with your name and utility account number.
- The prior day's scavenger hunt answer will be posted to our website and sent to the email mailing list daily. Prize winners will be selected daily and notified by email or phone.
Public Power puts the people of Stoughton first, and Public Power Week gives us the chance to celebrate the advantages of locally owned power with our citizens. Public Power Week is observed annually during the first full week of October, and celebrates the reliable, affordable electricity that publicly owned utilities provide to their communities. This year, Stoughton is celebrating its 131st anniversary as a Public Power Community!
Enter your email address on this page or email us at [email protected]
to receive updates and have the clues sent directly to you!
Must be a Stoughton Utilities customer to win. One entry per customer household per day. Limit one grand prize per utility account. City employees and their immediate families are not eligible to win grand prizes. All photos must be original and the property of the customer submitting them. By submitting a photo, you agree to allow Stoughton Utilities to use that photo for promotional purposes. You may opt-out of this agreement in writing at any time. Secret locations will be located on public property, and will not include electrical substations or water distribution facilities.